“How in the heck can I help my kid write a winning college essay?”
It’s not easy. With ChatGPT, the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on affirmative action, and colleges placing less emphasis on test scores, the essay is receiving more scrutiny than ever before. That’s a lot of pressure. But high angst and constant worry just get in the way. Leslie helps students focus, cultivate ideas and get them down on paper. She provides constructive feedback and keeps the process as stress-free as possible. The result? A well-written and memorable essay.
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Leslie’s rules for composing a winning college essay:
- It’s all about the rough draft
- Edit, edit & edit some more
- Write a powerful but brief opening sentence
- Take time to think it through
- Use descriptive imagery
- Don’t be predictable
- Never use cliches or platitudes
- Be you
- Be true
- Read it out loud
- Don’t forget to proofread, 500 times if necessary
- Get feedback from people you trust